Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween!

Yes, after looking at everyone's amazing Halloween pictures, it's time to post mine! I got the girls ready a couple hours early so I could take some pictures outside while it was still light and still warm. They were dressed up as...

Cats! These were their costumes from last year. Yessss...didn't have to get anything new this year! And it only took me 15 minutes to get them ready.







I actually wasn't sure what Hannah was going to be until a few hours before we went trunk-or-treating. She kept telling me over the past month that she wanted to be a ballerina, or a witch, or a princess, or a cat. I told her she should be all 4...a ballerina princess witch cat! She finally decided to be a cat, probably because Taylor was. She pretty much likes to copy everything Taylor does and says.



I told Hannah to act like a cat, and this is what she did...



Next was Taylor's turn, and this is how she posed. I promise I didn't ask her to pose this way, she did it on her own...so sassy!





We then went to the church parking lot and scored on a ton of candy!!! I had to empty the girls buckets 3 times into another bag! Let's be honest, Joe and I will be eating most of their candy...okay, let's be even more honest, I will be eating way more of that candy than Joe. What can I say...I love sugar!!!

Here are the girls with Hannah's future husband, Ethan Johnson. They are so cute together in Nursery!







Halfway through trunk or treating, Taylor said, "This is awesome! This is way better than trick or treating!" And I agree, the cars are 2 feet apart, we got a buttload of candy, and we were done in less than an hour! I propose trunk or treat every year! Who's in?

6 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

trunk or treating is definitely the way to go!!! wish we could do it every year - for real! the girls look adorable!

Janine said...

My vote is for YES! Loved it, super fast and I loved seeing everyone in costume (kids and parents alike.)
The hot chocolate was a nice touch too.

BTW, I love your banner of pics at the top of your blog!

Kara said...

love it! And I love trunk or treat. Totally agree. The snow melted here for a loverly time.

Jordana said...

Haha, I can't stop laughing at Hannah's cat pose, hilarious! Good costume idea, your girls are cute little cats!

Maren said...

Most definitely! That or Terwilligar Towne, ...the houses are about the same distance apart. ;) I love Hannah's sideways pics where her tummy is sticking out and her bum is sticking out and she's not even trying. So cute! I miss that we didn't do anything Halloweeny with the kids this year. Ohhhh.....

Kathy Ord said...

Sarah, your girls are so beautiful and sweet! These pictures are adorable. Can hardly wait to see you all on Tuesday . . . it looks like Hannah is really sprouting!